Video and alarm

MsHazelwood

I recommend that you have some sort of video surveillance and have an alarm system either by motion or something you can set off when you see someone on your property.

David L.

Agreed. We have a camera on the front and back of our house. Security cameras these days are very inexpensive. The cameras we use have memory cards built in for recording footage, but they also have cloud storage available for a fairly reasonable fee.

Are you a cop?

So you're saying that someone could just take the memory card out and the footage would be lost? That doesn't seem like very useful security.

David L.

The particular cameras I am using do have memory cards in them, but they also have cloud storage available. I purchased them for $69/each, and for the price I'm quite pleased with the HD quality that they record. 1 year of cloud storage is $US49 / year. (There are also monthly/quarterly options available) In order for somebody to take the memory card out of my cameras, they would need a stepladder and a screwdriver. I have used the cloud storage option, and it works well. Right now during pandemic times I've dropped the cloud storage option because we aren't leaving the house. WHEN the pandemic is over and we take a vacation I will be activating cloud storage and email alerts. Anything is really better than nothing....